Thursday 2 November 2017

An Inca Revival

No, not Vilcabamba, although the troops in the pics would certainly work for that.  I've had these figures for ages and re-based them for Piquet style games a couple of years ago.

Whenever I re-read Hemming’s “The Conquest of the Incas” I can't help feeling it would be a poor heart indeed that didn’t race with hope for Manco Inca as he attempted to contain or even reverse the Spanish Conquest. Of course we know in advance how it ended.  Still and all.

Brave boy.  He was an innovator too, making and stockpiling pikes and with a few pals learning to ride and use a lance.  Had his initial revolt succeeded it's possible the Inca like the Mapuche could have held out.  A great "What if".

Here are some of the toys all Mike's Models and still available from Essex and a good fit with Khurasan Conquistadores.  I hope you like them.














The odd fellow or so in animal masks are totally a-historical but I couldn't resist using them. As to when they will see action, possibly next year as there is a queue of games I want to play before hand.

2 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for the Natives as well whether Inca or Maya.
    Your troops look great!

    ReplyDelete